Eligibility Requirements For Organizations
- Organizations applying must not have been an East Bay Fund for Artists awardee during the 2021 calendar year
- Organizations must have a budget under $2,000,000
- You must be an organization located in Alameda or Contra Costa County
- Commission must be for new works
- 50% of funding must be allocated to lead artists’ fees only
- Commissioned artist(s) must be a Bay Area resident
- We require an East Bay presentation of your work
- Attend an East Bay Fund for Artists presentation or view a webinar, if a new applicant
- Organizations must be a 501(c)3 or have a fiscal sponsor
- Exhibition spaces, performance presenters, media and arts organizations may apply
If you have any questions about eligibility, send an email to: email@example.com
East Bay Fund for Artists at East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) Initiative will be awarding grants of $5,000-$25,000 for the commissioning of new works by Bay Area artists. Awardees must hold a public presentation of their work within a year of receiving the grant award.
The East Bay Fund for Artists will fund up to 75 percent of the total project budget. (For example, up to $7,500 of a $10,000 project).
Deadline: October 3, 2022 at 11:59pm
2022 applications are now open. The 2022 applications will be accepted through October 3, 2022.
Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete application maybe deemed ineligible.
Panel Decision: Early November, 2022
You can preview the application in this PDF document. Please note that this document is intended to help applicants prepare their submission before logging into the online application portal. Click the button above to access the online application portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out these FAQs about the application process: East Bay Fund for Artists Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other questions, please email East Bay Fund for Artists at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Funds for the East Bay Fund for Artists have been generously supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the East Bay Community Foundation and our generous individual donors.