Eligibility Requirements For Organizations
- Organizations applying must not have been an East Bay Fund for Artists awardee during the previous calendar year
- Organizations must have a budget under $2,000,000
- You must be an organization located in Alameda or Contra Costa County
- Commission must be for new works
- 100% of funding must be allocated to lead artists’ fees only
- Commissioned artist(s) must be a Bay Area resident
- We require an East Bay presentation of your work
- Attend an East Bay Fund for Artists presentation or view a webinar, if a new applicant
- Organizations must be a 501(c)(3) or have a fiscal sponsor
- Exhibition spaces, performance presenters, media and arts organizations may apply
If you have any questions about eligibility, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Bay Fund for Artists at East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) Initiative awards grants of $5,000-$25,000 for the commissioning of new works by Bay Area artists. Awardees must hold a public presentation of their work within a year of receiving the grant award.
The East Bay Fund for Artists funds up to 75 percent of the total project budget. (For example, up to $7,500 of a $10,000 project).
2023 applications are now closed. Awardees will be announced later this year.
Panel Decision: Early November 2023
The Fund’s peer readers and panelists will be cultural leaders and activists who understand the historical grounding and cultures of a wide range of BIPOC communities in Oakland. In assembling the readers and panelists, the Fund has a goal of creating a thoughtful mix of racial, ethnic, age, and gender considerations that is inclusive of LGBTQ+ people of color.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out these FAQs about the application process: East Bay Fund for Artists Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other questions, please email East Bay Fund for Artists at email@example.com.
*Funds for the East Bay Fund for Artists have been generously supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the East Bay Community Foundation and our generous individual donors.