Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect information that you provide us directly or automatically. We also may collect information about you from third parties.
Information that you provide us
We may collect personal information from you when you 1) register on our donor and/or applicant online systems; 2) Register for one of our of events; 3) Respond to a survey; 4) Fill out a form/application; 5) Make a donation; 6) Recommend a grant; and 7) Respond to other communications for us to better understand your interests and needs.
If you register and make a donation on your applicant online systems, you voluntarily provide us with your payment or banking information in order to complete your transaction. EBCF may store your payment or banking information, and your name, and billing information.
Communications with EBCF
If you contact EBCF, either through our online platform, e-mail or otherwise, we may keep your message, e-mail address and contact information to respond to your request.
If you are accessing the Services through a mobile device, you can choose to share your device’s location with us in order to enable location-based features in the Services.
Information that we collect automatically
When you use the Services, our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used the Services, and cookie data.
When you use the Services to connect with others who list their products and services on EBCF’s platform, our servers automatically record conversations occurring on the EBCF platform to ensure compliance with EBCF guidelines and for monitoring, supervision, and quality assurance and training purposes.
In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device on which you are using the Services, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
Do Not Track
Your browser may support a “Do Not Track” option that can be selected in your browser settings, which sends a signal to websites you visit informing them that you do not want certain information about your visit to be collected. At this time we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
Analytics and Usage
We use data analytics and work with certain third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and improve the use of our Services. These third party service providers may collect information sent by your device as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. Third party ad partners may also share information with us to help us measure and tailor ads.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to help us tailor and continually improve your experience on website. We use your information in the following ways:
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about upcoming events;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings and information about our initiatives and events via email or another medium;
- Processing your donation;
- Event registration;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analysis of our online users;
- Personalizing content and experiences on our online system.
When We Share Your Information
We may share your information with third parties from time to time, including:
- Agents, Contractors and Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Services, fulfill your requests for authorized transactions, or provide user support.
- Analytics and Usage. We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and other business. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product or may disclose to a professional how many times their profile has been viewed.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the acquiring company.
- Other Users. Information that you post publicly through the Services (for example, photos, comments, or profile information) may be made publicly available.
- We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us, helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, or helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
The content on our Service is intended for adults and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us immediately at EBCF, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Third Party Links
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you are a registered user of the Services, we provide you with account settings and tools to access, correct, delete or modify the personal information you have provided to us and associated with your account.
You can also permanently delete your account at any time by going to your account settings. Search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile and content you provide, even after you have deleted this information or deactivated your account.
De Domenico Building
200 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza
Oakland, CA 94612
Effective March 15, 2021