Eligibility Requirements For Artists
- Individuals applying must not have been an EBFA awardee during the 2020 calendar year
- You must live in Alameda or Contra Costa County
- Commission must support a new work or a new interpretation of a traditional form
- Artist(s) must have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor. You must submit a signed fiscal sponsorship agreement with your application.
- Funding must be allocated to lead artists’ fees only.
- We require an East Bay presentation of your work.
- Attend an EBFA presentation or view a webinar, if a new EBFA applicant
- Artists from all artistic disciplines are welcome to apply (filmmakers must have budgets under $50,000 or show other significant support for the project)
If you have any questions about eligibility, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EBCF’s East Bay Fund for Artists Initiative will be awarding grants of $1,000-$16,000 for the commissioning of new works by Bay Area artists. Awardees must hold a public presentation of their work within a year of receiving the grant award.
EBFA will fund up to 75 percent of the total project budget. (For example, EBFA will fund up to $7,500 of a $10,000 project).
EBFA Review Process
Deadline: October 4, 2021 at 11:59pm
Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete application maybe deemed ineligible
If you have any questions please contact Anyka Barber at email@example.com or email EBFA@eastbaycf.org
Panel Decision: Late November, 2021
The 2021 applications will be accepted beginning August 16, 2021 through October 4, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
*Funds for EBFA have been generously supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the East Bay Community Foundation and our generous individual donors.