Eligibility Requirements For Artists
- Individuals applying must not have been an East Bay Fund for Artists awardee during the previous calendar year.
- You must live in Alameda or Contra Costa County.
- Commission must support a new work or a new interpretation of a traditional form
- Artist(s) must have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor. You must submit a signed fiscal sponsorship agreement with your application.
- Funding must be allocated to lead artists’ fees only.
- We require an East Bay presentation of your work.
- Attend an East Bay Fund Artists presentation or view a webinar, if a new applicant.
- Artists from all artistic disciplines are welcome to apply (filmmakers must have budgets under $50,000 or show other significant support for the project).
If you have any questions about eligibility, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The East Bay Fund for Artists at East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) Initiative awards grants of $5,000-$25,000 for the commissioning of new works by Bay Area artists. Awardees must hold a public presentation of their work within a year of receiving the grant award.
The East Bay Fund for Artists funds up to 75 percent of the total project budget. (For example, up to $7,500 of a $10,000 project).
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back here for details on the 2023 application.
In the meantime, you can review the 2022 application for an idea of the information that may be required for your submission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out these FAQs about the application process: East Bay Fund for Artists Frequently Asked Questions
You can review this PDF of the 2022 application to get an idea of the information required to apply.
If you have other questions, please email East Bay Fund for Artists at email@example.com.
*Funds for the East Bay Fund for Artists have been generously supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the East Bay Community Foundation and our generous individual donors.