United We Stand for a Just East Bay
The East Bay Community Foundation promotes strategic philanthropy that mobilizes organizations and individuals who are deeply committed to achieving a Just East Bay where members of our community have equitable opportunity to not only survive, but thrive.
What is a Giving Circle?
A Giving Circle is a form of shared giving in which like-minded donors pool their resources in order to support greater social change. By working together, donors can leverage their individual gifts into larger impact grants that aid several organizations.
Giving Circles at EBCF
- Brotherhood of Elders: The Brotherhood Elders Network is an inter-generational network of men of African ancestry based in the Bay Area, California.
- Hella Heart Oakland: Assist nonprofits that strengthen and improve the health and wellness of Asian/Asian-American women and girls in Oakland – particularly refugees and new immigrants.
- Women’s Catalytic Fund: A giving circle that believes in the power of women to drive social change. The circle has been active for 13 years and granted over $1.5 million to non-profit organizations in the Bay Area and California.
Benefits of Starting or Joining a Giving Circle at EBCF
- Support: Receive expert support, from strategic grant-making to financial management.
- Connect: Meet a network of like-minded donors who share your interests and are passionate about making a difference in the East Bay.
- Events: Attend invitation-only giving circle events meant to inform and inspire action.
- Learn: Hear from East Bay nonprofit organizations and learn about the work being done to solve the East Bay’s most pressing needs.
- Impact: By starting or joining a Giving Circle, you can maximize impact by uniting the enthusiasm and resources of community members just like you.
To learn more about Giving Circles at EBCF, contact us (510) 836-3223 or email@example.com.