East Bay Fund for Artists
Overview of the East Bay Fund for Artists
The East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) recognizes the amazing power of the arts to inspire and bring us together. EBCF has been a longtime supporter of the arts and we partner with our generous donors to support the arts across Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
East Bay Fund for Artists
Since its creation in 2003, the East Bay Fund for Artists has partnered with more than 9,500 community donors and more than 200 organizations to commission new works by over 300 local artists. The East Bay Fund for Artists has leveraged almost $3.1 million in new financial support for the arts in the East Bay.
The Fund was originally supported by “Leveraging Investments in Creativity,” a nationwide initiative of the Ford Foundation with grants from the James Irvine Foundation and from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
“What is both unusual and especially valuable about the East Bay Fund for Artists,” said Sam Miller, former President of Leveraging Investments in Creativity, “is the way the East Bay Community Foundation is using it to build support for new art among individual citizens at the local level through its matching grants.”
For information on current and future works, or to learn how you might become involved with the East Bay Fund for Artists, contact us via email email@example.com or call (510) 836-3223.
Click to Visit EBCF’s Commissioned Public Art
EBCF will be distributing grants of $500-$8,000 to match donor contributions on a 1-to-1 basis for the commissioning of new works by Bay Area artists. Organizations and Artists wishing to apply should follow the eligibility guidelines listed below. EBCF’s overall goals for this work:
- Support for the creation of new works by local artists and for East Bay organizations
- Support for composers, playwrights, choreographers, visual and media artists in the Bay Area
- Engagement of donors
- Support for diversity of artistic practices and organizations
- Provide opportunities for communities of color to experience art that represents their culture and history
How to Apply Webinars:
- Missed the latest How to Apply Webinar? View a recording of January 3rd’s webinar here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out these FAQ’s about the application process: EBFA Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other questions, please email EBFA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Foundation at (510) 836-3223.
* Funds for the EBFA have been generously supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the East Bay Community Foundation and our generous individual donors.