The Women’s Catalytic Fund (WCF) is a giving circle that believes in the power of women to drive social change. The circle has been active for 13 years and granted nearly $3.5 million to non-profit organizations in the Bay Area and California. In 2017, the circle moved its ‘home’ to EBCF.
In the past, the circle conducted an annual grant-making process. However, members recognized that women’s movements need the ability to respond to threats and opportunities with more flexible and responsive funding. This drove the circle to shift to shorter, more frequent grantmaking in 2019 in order to put resources into the hands of women more quickly.
Through its catalytic giving, the WCF is prepared to take risks, respond rapidly, and give directly to frontline organizers working to end gender-based inequity early, when resources are most needed. Typically, these are one-time $15,000 grants to ensure financial resources are not a barrier to action.
Due to the challenging issues of 2020, including the Covid-19 pandemic and mounting pressure for racial, social and environmental justice, the Women’s Catalytic Fund opened our Fall 2020 funding cycle to the 12 organizations we funded in prior cycles. These organizations were invited to apply for one-time supplemental grants of $10,000. We are proud to announce that the following organizations will receive funding through our Fall 2020 cycle.
- Total Empowerment Life Coaching
- Justice Now
- Oakland Bloom
- California Coalition for Women Prisoners
- The Radical Monarchs
- Safe Return Project
- ACT for Women and Girls
- California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative
- Contra Costa Family Justice Alliance
- Esq. Apprentice
Grantees of the Women’s Catalytic Fund
- Total Empowerment Life Coaching: https://www.twelc.org/mission-vision
- Justice Now https://www.justicenow.org
- Oakland Bloom: http://oaklandbloom.org
- Black LGTBQ + Migrant Project (BLMP) https://transgenderlawcenter.org/programs/blmp
- California Coalition for Women Prisoners: #MeToo Behind Bars Documentation Project: https://womenprisoners.org/
- The Radical Monarchs: Radical Alumni Program: http://radicalmonarchs.org/
- Safe Return Project: Re-investing in Formerly Incarcerated Women & Girls: https://www.safereturnprj.org/
- ACT for Women and Girls: Truth to Power ACTion Team: https://www.actforwomenandgirls.org/
The deadline for accepting proposals for consideration in our Fall 2020 docket has passed. Thank you to all who applied. If you have any questions about WCF or our grant process, please email WCFgrantinformation@gmail.com. Check back here in January for information about our 2021 RFP.