COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund
Supporting Local Communities Affected by Coronavirus
About the Fund
Hosted by the East Bay Community Foundation, COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund will rapidly deploy resources to organizations addressing the economic impact of the broader COVID-19 outbreak, including the immediate needs of communities and organizations affected by coronavirus-related closures. The Fund helps expand local capacity to address all aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
EBCF community partners are already reporting significant economic impacts to revenue and budget shortages affecting programming that supports the arts, education, health, housing, civic engagement, youth, economic development, and other vital community services. A thriving nonprofit sector is crucial to our region and while the COVID-19 Fund will initially focus on nonprofit organizations providing critical services around economic security, we are committed to supporting the continued health of the broader East Bay nonprofit sector by raising enough resources to invest in the health and capacity of the sector.
In its first phase, COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund, will provide one-time general operating grants to organizations that provide critical services around economic security to the most vulnerable populations in the East Bay. These organizations are focused on providing immediate, mid-term, and long-term support related to:
- Loss of employment and decreased hourly work, resulting in reduced income
- Closures of schools and childcare centers (resulting in lost earnings as parents must take time off to care for children)
- Increased health care costs for testing and treatment, and loss of income as individuals are forced to take time off for self-care and to care for family members
- Food insecurity resulting from lower individual and family income
- Reduced access to a range of social services and programs, in response to social distancing requirements.
For EBCF fundholders who wish to make a grant from their Donor Advised Fund, please log into Donor Central and follow the instructions on the home page.
For interested donors who do not have a fund at EBCF, please check our Frequently Asked Questions Page to learn how you may donate.
In consultation with community partners working on the frontlines, public agencies, local officials, and our financial supporters, EBCF will proactively identify grant recipients and recommend final awards. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the recovery phases of the crisis, making it possible to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases.
- Interested donors and general inquiries about the Fund, contact Alexandra Aquino-Fike, Vice President of Development at email@example.com
- Corporate and Institutional Partners should contact Sachi Yoshii, Vice President of Strategy & External Relations firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media inquiries, please contact Stacey Manley, Vice President of Communications at email@example.com
- To make a donation by check or other assets, contact May Leong, Director of Donor Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
EBCF is also partnered with the COVID-19 Coronavirus Regional Response Fund to raise resources for immediate health-related needs in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. The lead organizations selected for our two counties, Community Initiatives and Contra Costa Regional Health Foundation, have identified strategies that they must quickly scale up, to track, test, and treat rising COVID-19 infections, particularly in vulnerable populations. We encourage you all to give to the SVCF COVID-19 Coronavirus Regional Response Fund to help our two counties, and the Bay Area, fight COVID-19.
For information about health, safety, and other resources related to COVID-19, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.