Next Deadline: February 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
EBCF will be distributing grants of $500-$8,000 to match donor contributions on a 1-to-1 basis for the commissioning of new works by Bay Area artists. Organizations and Artists wishing to apply should follow the eligibility guidelines listed below.
EBCF’s overall goals for this work:
- Support for the creation of new works by local artists and for East Bay organizations
- Support for composers, playwrights, choreographers, visual and media artists in the Bay Area
- Engagement of donors
- Support for diversity of artistic practices and organizations
- Provide opportunities for communities of color to experience art that represents their culture and history
EBFA Review process:
The deadline for the next round of grants is February 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
WEBINAR RECORDING AND HANDOUTS
View the recording of our webinar from January 14, 2016 and see the four handout links below.
A panel will review proposals and staff will contact applicants as needed. We will inform applicants of the panel’s decision by the end of March 2016. You will have 90 days (For Organizations) or 120 days (For Artists) to secure your funding. Premieres or work in progress should take place within one year of making the match.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out these FAQ’s about the application process: EBFA Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other questions, please email EBFA at email@example.com or call the Foundation at 510-836-3223.
* Funds for the EBFA have been generously supported by The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the East Bay Community Foundation and our generous individual donors.