The East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) hosted its second virtual Inclusive Economy Showcase on September 30, 2021, which brought together impact investors, EBCF fundholders, and social impact entrepreneurs based in the East Bay. The event kicked off with a speaker panel on the successes and challenges of impact investing led by EBCF CFO Valerie Red-Horse Mohl who was joined by: Steven Roland, partner at Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP, and an EBCF fundholder; Charles Hudson, managing partner and founder at Precursor Ventures; and Erik Schultz, SK2 Fund.
Following the speaker panel, this event featured presentations of promising impact investment opportunities from ten companies across the East Bay that are generating positive, community-based outcomes for the region.
- Maria Palacio, CEO & Co-Founder, Progeny Coffee
- April Fenall, CEO, Piikup
- Cyrell Roberson, CEO & Founder, Jubily, Inc.
- James Dong, Owner, Last Minute Gear
- Chris Chatmon, CEO, Kingmakers of Oakland
- Jeadi Vilchis, Founder, Neologix Engineering Labs
- Lina Ghanem, Executive Director, Saba Grocers Initiatives
- GW Chew, Founder, Something Better Foods, Inc.
- Alicia Villanueva, Owner, Alicia’s Tamales Los Mayas
- Mieko Scott & Kamari Quinones, Co-Founders, Hella Nuts
For more information about the Inclusive Economy Showcase and impact investing at EBCF, please contact Valerie Red-Horse Mohl, CFO, at email@example.com, or Elizabeth Burger, program manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.