Reports to: Senior Accountant
Hours and Location: Full time, exempt. Initially working remotely due to COVID-19, but when the office reopens, this position will be based in our Downtown Oakland office with flexibility given to the number of days working in the office.
Starting Salary: $75,000
Ideal Start Date: March 2022
Accountant-Transactions is responsible for transactional accounting, including but not limited to accounts payable/cash disbursements and accounts receivable/cash receipts. This position requires outstanding attention to detail and interpersonal skills and is an important liaison with employees and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts Payable, Expenses & Disbursements
- Process EBCF’s Grants Payable, including processing timely wire and check payments and collaborating with the grants management team. Completing tasks in line with daily deadlines is key.
- Process Administrator payments in Bill.com, including continuing campaign to convert to e-payment, adding new vendors, and following up on expiring and failed payments. Maintain dual vendor records and transactions in Bill.com and accounting system (FIMS).
- Assist with Expensify process, including adding users, answering questions/providing training, reviewing Visa Expense Reports and Employee Expense Reports and following up on outstanding reports.
Accounts Receivable, Revenue & Receipts
- Process EBCF’s Accounts Receivable (AR), including ACH, wire, credit card and check deposits, collaborating with the donor services team and Controller/Senior Accountants to ensure revenue coding entered into FIMS is accurate. Completing tasks in line with daily deadlines is key.
- Update the stock donations log to ensure accurate and complete information is gathered on all donations. Work with banks and Development Team to identify donors timely.
- Scan and distribute finance mail received in office.
- Assist Senior Accountants, Controller & CFO on special inquiries or projects.
- Assist with monthly operating statements by department.
Candidate will possess:
- B.A. degree in accounting or related field; two years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Track record (confirmed by references) of high attention to detail.
- Passion and commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values.
- Hands-on experience with accounts payable/cash disbursements and cash receipts, and quick to learn different automated financial systems.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Detail oriented; excellent data review and processing skills.
- Self-starter and motivated team player; ability to manage time, meet deadlines, work well independently and collaboratively and set priorities in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
The starting salary range for this position is $75,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience and background. EBCF offers an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a combined PDF or Microsoft Word File of a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: EBCF Accountant. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) is an equal-opportunity employer with a commitment to racial justice and racial equity. EBCF does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law and is an employment-at-will organization. The Foundation welcomes and encourages people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups to apply.
About East Bay Community Foundation
Founded in 1928, East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) connects donors with community-led movements to eliminate structural barriers, advance racial equity, and create an inclusive, fair, and just East Bay. Recognized as 2019’s “Boldest Community Foundation” by Inside Philanthropy, EBCF is committed to ensuring that all members of our community are treated fairly, with equitable opportunity and outcomes. EBCF is supported by 600 local donors and has charitable assets under management of over $840 million.