Opening a Fund
Start Your Impact Here
Explore a variety of fund types to meet your interests and financial planning goals. EBCF manages all administrative and reporting requirements.
Donor Advised Fund
Field of Interest Fund
Supporting Organization - A Private Foundation Alternative
Comparison - Agency Fund, Donor Advised Fund, and Field of Interest Fund
Comparison - Donor Advised Fund, Supporting Organization, and Private Foundation
First, decide how you would like to make the contribution to establish the fund. You may contribute cash, securities, or other property valued at $10,000 or more.
- Select a name for your fund. You might want to use your own name, the name of a family member or one which provides you with anonymity.
- Designate current fund advisors, such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisors such as your children.
- Choose an investment strategy for the fund.
- Complete and sign a fund agreement.
Once your fund is established, you may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Recommend distributions from your fund to charities locally, throughout the US or internationally. There is no limit to the number of grants you can award each year.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged – whether in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- Receive information from the Foundation about nonprofits that meet your philanthropic goals in your own community and beyond.
Once your fund is established, you may choose to partner with the Foundation on our “focus” issues of most pressing needs in the East Bay. Learn more.
Our staff is ready to assist you. For more information, please contact us.
Get in Touch
- Email our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call Ellie Young, Development Associate at: 510-208-1365