COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to donate. How can I do that?
- Donations can be made safely online via credit card via the COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund online donation form.
- OR EBCF Fundholders can grant from their DAFs by simply logging into Donor Central and following the prompts.
- To make a wire transfer, please contact May Leong at email@example.com.
- Checks should be made out to “East Bay Community Foundation.” 200 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland CA 94612. In the note line, please specify “COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund.”
- For donations of stocks, bonds or mutual funds, please click HERE for instructions.
Can I restrict my funding to a prioritized grantee?
You may still of course make grants to specific organizations of your choosing directly from your EBCF Donor Advised Fund. If you would like specific recommendations, please contact your relationship manager at EBCF, or our Vice President of Development, Alexandra Aquino-Fike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should I give to this Fund instead of making other donations?
Will EBCF charge a fee on my contribution?
FOR CORPORATE & INSTITUTIONAL FUNDERS
Can corporations and institutional funders get involved?
Is EBCF collaborating with other funders?
Is EBCF charging any fee?
FOR INDIVIDUALS & ORGANIZATIONS SEEKING SUPPORT
I’m an individual who’s been affected by COVID-19. Can this Fund help me?
My organization is interested in resources from this Fund. Can we be considered?
- 501(c)(3) status or fiscally sponsored project.
- Provides direct financial assistance to individuals and families. The goal is to cover multiple and emerging economic hardships to the most vulnerable populations in the East Bay.
- Have a focus on the following vulnerable populations (this list may shift as we receive more feedback from our community partners)
- Low income individuals who have lost jobs and wages
- Tenants in need of rental assistance, the unhoused, undocumented individuals
- The elderly, those at risk of domestic violence at home, and others facing economic hardship who are not able to access public assistance.
- Organizations with the capacity to move direct financial assistance immediately to those most severely impacted by the COVID-19 economic fall-out.
My organization does not meet these criteria, but we provide other valuable services in the East Bay, and we are facing immediate revenue challenges that are threatening our sustainability. Can I apply for funding now?
If you have received funding from a donor at EBCF in the past, we encourage you to reach out to your relationship liaison at EBCF to inquire if that donor might be able to support you with additional funds right now.
How Can I Apply?
We continue to actively solicit feedback from our community partners about the biggest needs in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. If you would like to share the needs and challenges that communities in your area are facing, please email us at: email@example.com.