COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to donate. How can I do that?
- Donations can be made safely online via credit card via the COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund online donation form.
- BCF Fundholders can grant from their DAFs by submitting a grant recommendation in Donor Central and indicating the purpose as “COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund”.
- To make a wire transfer, please contact the Finance Department at Finance@eastbaycf.org or (510) 208-0811
- Checks should be made out to “East Bay Community Foundation.” 200 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland CA 94612. In the note line, please specify “COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund.”
- For donations of stocks, bonds or mutual funds, please click HERE for instructions.
Can I restrict my funding to a prioritized grantee?
You may still of course make grants to specific organizations of your choosing directly from your EBCF Donor Advised Fund. If you would like specific recommendations, please contact your relationship manager at EBCF, or our Vice President of Development, Alexandra Aquino-Fike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should I give to this Fund instead of making other donations?
Will EBCF charge a fee on my contribution?
FOR CORPORATE & INSTITUTIONAL FUNDERS
Can corporations and institutional funders get involved?
Is EBCF collaborating with other funders?
Is EBCF charging any fee?
FOR INDIVIDUALS & ORGANIZATIONS SEEKING SUPPORT
I’m an individual who’s been affected by COVID-19. Can this Fund help me?
My organization is interested in resources from this Fund. Can we be considered?
- 501(c)(3) status or fiscally sponsored project.
- Have a focus on the following priority populations: undocumented immigrants, unsheltered individuals, those employed via cash economy (e.g. day laborers, domestic workers), uninsured and under-insured, youth, victims of domestic violence, low-income seniors, and formerly incarcerated.
- Whose work aligns with the four funding categories listed below.
- EBCF will prioritize existing grantee partners for support from the COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund, and may consider additional organizations as funds become available.
Direct financial assistance to individuals and families experiencing extreme economic hardship
|Frontline organizations providing essential services to priority populations||General Operating Support to existing grantees to support their operations and related impacts during the crisis||Organizing and Systems Change|
My organization does not meet these criteria, but we provide other valuable services in the East Bay, and we are facing immediate revenue challenges that are threatening our sustainability. Can I apply for funding now?
If you have received funding from a donor at EBCF in the past, we encourage you to reach out to your relationship liaison at EBCF to inquire if that donor might be able to support you with additional funds right now.
Below are links to other resources for nonprofits being impacted by COVID-19:
- Philanthropy CA : Up-to-date listing of COVID-19 response funds, events, resources, and public policy information
- California Association of Nonprofits: Funding resources, employer/employee resources, resources for individuals
- Independent Sector: Latest information on federal CARES ACT eligibility criteria, timelines, and application information for nonprofits.
How Can I Apply?
We continue to actively solicit feedback from our community partners about the biggest needs in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. If you would like to share the needs and challenges that communities in your area are facing, please email us at: email@example.com.