Stand Together CoCoLeveraged $1M for rapid response services for immigrant families through Stand Together CoCo. This initiative provides:
- No-cost civil deportation defense services to ensure due process for immigrants at risk of deportation. This is not a legally guaranteed right. People represented by counsel are 5x more likely to be granted relief from removal.
- A 24-hour hotline, staffed by community responders, to assist those who are threatened with deportation or impacted by immigration enforcement activity.
- Community education and “know your rights” training.
Early EducationRaised $1M in partnership with other foundations in the region to support women in the workforce and break the cycle of “start behind, stay behind” cycle of inequities in education and life outcomes for children from low-income communities and children of color.
These funds are being invested in efforts to:
- Raise the wages of early childhood educators and childcare providers.
- Open up access to – and increase the quality of – early childhood education.
Support NonprofitsOngoing capacity-building of nonprofit organizations throughout the Bay Area:
- Hosted a national day of giving platform online for 250+ Bay Area nonprofits, that allowed them to raise more than $1M through East Bay Gives, which included trainings on donor and board engagement, communications messaging, and a comprehensive work plan model.
- Partnered with funders and donors to invest $450,000 to support the leadership and capacity of small to mid-size nonprofits in East Contra Costa County.
- Raised $1.5M to invest in the leadership of organizations in service of, and led by, black communities in the region. There are close to 200 black led organizations in the region, collectively managing over $540M annually and employing over 8K people.
Urgent ResponseWith the support of our donors, we:
- Responded to the tragic Ghost Ship warehouse fire, offering pro-bono consultation to make spaces for artists safer, as well as provided grants in memory of those who lost their lives.
- Convened a series of opportunities for donors to come together and build community in support of efforts to advance a more fair and just East Bay.
Comments are closed.