Satisfaction Awaits You
See how we help Ed Chan and his family with their charitable giving. We can help you help the causes and communities you care about. With results and impact.
It is easy to create your own fund.
To learn about the types of funds EBCF offers, click here.
- Select a name for your fund. You might want to use your own name, the name of a family member or one which provides you with anonymity.
- Designate current fund advisors, such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisors such as your children.
- Choose an investment strategy for the fund.
- Complete and sign a fund agreement.
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Recommend distributions from your fund to charities locally, throughout the United States and in some cases in foreign countries. There is no limit to the number of grants you can award each year.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged – whether in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- Receive information from the Foundation about charities that meet your philanthropic goals in your own community and beyond.
- Preparing children to succeed at both pre-school and school-age levels, focused on the critical period from birth to third grade; and
- Enhancing economic opportunities for adults and families, particularly those with significant barriers to achieving employment and financial stability.
First, decide how you would like to make the contribution to establish the fund. You may contribute cash, securities, or other property valued at $10,000 or more.
Once your fund is established, you may:
Once your fund is established, you may choose to partner with the Foundation on our “focus” issues of most pressing needs in the East Bay:
Our skilled staff is ready to assist you with a process that’s quick and easy. For more information, please contact
For More Information
For more information about the Foundation and opening a fund with us, please contact