- The East Bay Community Foundation makes grants from its own endowment, often referred to as “discretionary grantmaking.”
- Macpherson Fund for Small Arts Organizations (an endowed fund)
- East Bay Fund for Artists (a field of interest fund)
- Open Circle Foundation (a supporting organization)
- Meyers Fund for Environmental Grantmaking
- Oakland Unified School District “Expect Success” Program
We also pool our own grant funds with our donors (those holding charitable funds with us) interested in collaborating on our strategic grantmaking priorities, a process referred to as “donor-partner grantmaking” or “co-investing.” In addition, we assist donors to develop unique grantmaking programs.
This section describes a number of donor supported grantmaking programs.
Arts & Culture
Donor Advised Funds
The East Bay Community Foundation manages a number of donor advised funds. Grants from these funds are advised by the donor, and proposals are by invitation only. The Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant proposals for donor advised grants but occasionally will post a request for proposals around a specific topic. Currently, there are no active requests for proposals related to donor advised funds, nor is there a letter of inquiry process at the current time.