We are looking for strong partners whose core work aligns with our grantmaking priorities. These five bullet points* are a good framework to review your work and see if applying for a grant from EBCF is a good option for your organization. At EBCF, we are looking for nonprofits that…
- Base their programs on research about what works.
- Actively collect information about the results of their programs.
- Systematically analyze this information.
- Adjust their activities in response to new information.
- Operate with an absolute focus on producing results.
- Advancing economic opportunity for adults and families in need, particularly those with significant barriers to employment and financial stability; and on
- Preparing young children – from birth to third grade – to succeed in the education system so they have economic opportunity when they become adults.
*Adapted from Tactical Philanthropy
Economic Development and Support for Children to Succeed
We embarked on a strategy three years ago to focus our discretionary grantmaking (grants from the Foundation’s own endowment) on:
Since that time, we have learned a tremendous amount about the successes and challenges of organizations working to make change in communities within Alameda and Contra Costa counties. We believe our grants to many of these organizations made a concrete difference.
In an effort to achieve even greater results advancing economic opportunity and the education that leads to it, we have decided to focus our discretionary grantmaking on a limited number of organizations for the next three years. Therefore, we are not currently accepting grant applications in the areas of Economic Development and Support for Children to Succeed.
We continue to be interested in all organizations working in our strategic areas described above. Please feel free to send an update about your programming to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts & Culture
|East Bay Fund for Artists||February 1, 2017 (by 11:59 pm)|
|Meyers Fund for Environmental Grantmaking||Proposals are by invitation only.|